Thank you for your interest in taking a day to explore cohousing options at both CoHo Ecovillage in Corvallis and Oakleigh Meadow Cohousing in Eugene. Our two communities are teaming up to welcome visitors with an interest in cohousing in Oregon. Of course, you are not obligated to visit both communities but are encouraged to take advantage of this special opportunity.
Morning Stop in Corvallis
The free two-for-one tour starts at 10:30 a.m. at CoHo Ecovillage in Corvallis. It's a work party day, so visitors will see CoHoots in action. Learn what it's like living in a caring, sharing community eight years after move-in. With luck, the sun will be out and you can bask in the beautiful rainbows inside the common house that are lured in by Peter Erskine's unique solar art installation.
Afternoon Stop in Eugene
For the Oakleigh Meadow Cohousing tour, accompany its members back to Eugene to hear about Eugene’s first cohousing development and see the beautiful site. If you plan to visit only Eugene, call 541-357-8303. The location for our development is within walking distance to the Willamette River and just a 15-minute bicycle ride on the bike path to downtown Eugene. We own the property, and we have the architectural drawings that will show you the building plans. Before your visit, check out the 3D video on YouTube that gives you a bird's-eye view of our project.
• There is no cost for the tours.
• Transportation is on your own; carpooling is encouraged.
• CoHo Ecovillage is at 1975 SE Crystal Lake Drive, on the corner of Crystal Lake Drive and Alexander, in Corvallis. Park anywhere in our parking lot or on Alexander (but NOT on Crystal Lake Drive or in the cemetery next door). The tour starts at the common house, the building with the tower at the parking lot entrance.
• Consult the Internet if you'd like more detailed driving directions using either I5 or Highway 99. The two communities are about 43 miles/44 minutes apart.
• If you're coming from outside the area for a longer visit, contact us for additional trip planning options.
Please sign up for one or both tours by contacting Susan at Coho Ecovillage by phone at 541-753-4453 or through email.