Did you make any New Year's resolutions? Oakleigh Meadow Cohousing, a 28-unit community forming right now in Eugene, might help you keep them.
- Make more time for family, friends and yourself. Eat and play together. It's easier in the Common House with friends and family close at hand.
- Have more fun! Cohousing means opportunities for spontaneous or planned activities and the easy camaraderie of neighbors.
- Drive less. Our location is several miles to downtown Eugene and the University of Oregon. We're a short walk to public transportation and the bike trail. Carpools to work, school and errands will be our norm.
- Lower consumption. Cohousing communities bring back sharing. In our Common House, we'll have a kitchen and dining area, coffee spot with shared newspapers, lending library, music room, laundry room, playroom, and teen area. Outside we'll share a community garden, tool shed and have lots of enclosed bike storage.
- Downsize. Twenty households have decided this is right for them. Only eight units are left. Private homes range from 1,000-1,655 square feet.
Learn more at our upcoming informational meeting on Sunday, January 18, at 3 p.m. Let us know you are interested in attending by calling 541/357-8303. If you can't make this meeting, please call and we'll arrange a time to meet.